With the continuation of our classes and full-time hours of operation, our team at CGW have prioritized the application of pre-existing as well as new safety precautions to continue making the hotshop a safe and approachable space for our students.
HOW HAVE CLASSES CHANGED SINCE REOPENING?
Our classes have been the most impacted with regards to new regulation upon reopening. We are working to keep the hotshop experience as safe, friendly, and hands-on as years past- with the addition of a few new changes:
- Our largest group sizes are limited to 10 participants per timeslot in order to lessen exposure for you, our team, and to optimize studio space proximity.
- Our teachers have incorporated the assistance of a blow-hose, a tool we can use to help inflate the glass without making contact with the pipe. This has allowed students, if comfortable, to participate in blowing for their own piece without sharing a blowpipe.
- With that said, we continue to sanitize our blowpipes between classes, and the blow-hose as well.
- We are limiting the amount of traffic through the hotshop wile conducting classes (reasons of proximity).
- Our space has air circulation with the aid of our hood fan and an open door, open air environment.
- Our teachers and staff are encouraged to wear mask and will be wearing a mask during instructional time.
Please contact our studio with any questions or concerns pertaining to our classes- it may look a little different, but the magic that is glass has not changed and we look forward to sharing it with you!